Recently i wrote a post as how i acquired my EVDO and Tips and tricks to get better speed , but later i realized that i am getting better speeds on my brothers laptop running on Vista where mine is on Windows 7 ultimate. The ZTE modem provided by BSNL comes with no software update for Windows 7 , but we can do that manually.
Steps to Update EVDO Drivers in Windows 7 System :
- Right click My Computer.
- Click on properties and then select Device Manager from top left
- In Device manager view open Ports (COM & LPT)
- In the dropdown list select ZTE Diagnostic Ports
- Right click and select Update Driver Software
- Choose Update from the Internet.
- Now click on “Modems” in Device manager.
- Then again select “ZTE USB Modem” and Right click and go to it’s properties, and repeat the Automatic Update process which we did previously with the Diagnostic Interface driver.
- Wait for the update and upon completion restart your pc for the changes to take place.
If you are experiencing slower speeds in Windows 7 you may try the above procedure and install the modem for faster internet access.
Are you getting optimal EVDO Speed in your region ? Find out EVDO Speed in your area or help us add it in our listings.