Apple last week released a new version of iPad and also a new release of iOS version 5.1. This latest release of iOS contains some major bug fixes for iPod Touch 4G. If you have already updated your iDevice to iOS 5.1 and looking out to Jailbreak it, then there is a good news in just some days iPhone Dev-Team had released Redsn0w (version 0.9.10b6). Redsn0w latest release is supported by only devices running A4 processors like iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4 & iPad (not supported for iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
Pre-Requisites for iOS 5.1 Jailbreak:
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPod Touch 4G:
- Connect iPod Touch to PC via USB
- Make sure you are running iOS 5.1 on your Device (otherwise update it)
- Backup the whole device on iTunes
- Start Redsn0w in Administrator mode. (Download links above)
- Click Jailbreak
- Make sure your device should be OFF & Plugged-in to PC & then click Next
- Now you will see instructions to enter DFU mode
- Select Install Cydia & click Next
- Wait for few minutes, your device will be Jailbroken.